Saturday 6 February 2010

too many books, not enough shelves

and i'm now surrounded by my favourite words again. came across this...

I Want to Breathe
you in I'm not talking about
perfume or even the sweet

odor of your skin but of the
air itself I want to share

your air inhaling what you
exhale I'd like to be that

close two of us breathing
each other as one as that.

- james laughlin -

and then there's...

I Wrote a Good Omelet

I wrote a good omelet... and ate a hot poem...
after loving you

Buttoned my car... and drove my coat home... in the
rain...
after loving you

I goed on red... and stopped on green... floating
somewhere in between...
being here and being there...
after loving you

I rolled my bed... turned down my hair... slightly
confused but...I don't care...
Laid out my teeth... and gargled my gown.. then I stood
...and laid me down...
to sleep...
after loving you

- nikki giovanni -

*****

my books. they're back.

No comments: