Thursday 5 August 2010

then 31 & 32


film 31: being 'em back. i loved this doco about the melbourne tram conductors. the beloved "connies". never got to experience them myself, but i love the idea of them. so i'm definitely all for bringing them back. there were a couple of them moving through the crowd handing out tickets and change while we were waiting to go into the film. it would've cost me 20c to get home (though when i'm not sure as he didn't tell me) but handed me a half penny in change (from 1964). though it wasn't of the highest production value, it definitely had heart and human interest. bring 'em back.


film 32: beeswax. mumbling mumblecore. this word appeared a month or so ago (thanks dave) and hasn't left. i only watched this film because it was touted as mumblecore. story of two sisters, though you really don't know it til most of the way through the movie and it also ended abruptly. it was okay. seen worse, seen better.

1 comment:

d said...

COOL BLOG i love it
if you follow me i will be sure to return the favor
http://dariadonatophotography.blogspot.com/

but if not please let me know where you got all of your creative ideas!
here's my email
twiggy1of3@aol.com