Saturday 13 August 2011

almost finished and finished

so close to the end of draft two that i can taste it - and i'm not talking about the dregs of my frappucino. i'm inches away from finishing my feature. i've always had problems with endings, finishes. i draw them out, not really ever properly completing things. this year i've decided will be different. this year i will have a feature and a novel under my belt (at the very least). they are allowed to be in draft form but they have to be finished in whatever draft form they happen to be in. this makes sense to me and that's all that matters.


i got along to the state library exhibition in the early arvo to check out some photographers from my favourite time period - 30s-60s. i so want to find some prints of these wonderful photographers. check them out if you can, there are works by: maggie diaz, norman ikin, athol shmith, helmut newton, wolfgang sievers (his coloured prints were awesome, mid 60s), mark strizic, dacre stubbs and henry talbot.


the harry potter saga started for me in 2002 - when a good friend put me onto the books (thanks julie). i was behind the times and had to play catch up which was totally okay with me, i only had a four book backlog and then had to start the wait for the next three to be written. i'm not patient when it comes to stories, i want it NOW.

later in the arvo i got along to melbourne central and part 2 of harry potter and the deathly hallows. i liked it. i cried. and it is finally finished.

No comments: