Thursday 29 January 2009

steps in staying cool

1. refuse to leave your office all day (meetings can be cancelled)
2. when you do eventually leave the office, go swimming at the campus pool
3. walk quickly to car (still wet) and put on air-conditioning
4. go from car to shower (now just slightly damp - but i suspect from humidity)
5. sloth-like, move slowly to couch in front of fan, use water spray bottle to cool air
6. pick long movie at a cinema with working air-conditioning, buy choc top

it is after this point that the plan failed. i somehow managed to lose my car keys. when i say lose i mean i left them in the ignition with the radio on. this wasn't such a bad thing being only 15 minutes walk from home, the bad thing was that my house keys... well, they were with my car key. yes, in the car. now normally this situation would still be redeemable however, it being such a gross day sophie had decided to also go to the movies and had chosen the longest film imaginable, yes, australia. so by the time i had got home around 9.15, she wasn't due back til about 11.30. i got cozy with the stoop, snoozing even. luckily enough soph got home in time to let me into the house to get my spare car key and back to carlton in time to get my car before the garage closed at midnight. phew... so that attempt at staying cool?? it failed me this day.

No comments: